Copy and Paste two pieces of text

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by latestmonkey, Oct 21, 2012.

1. latestmonkey macrumors 6502

(New user of ML from SL so please bear with me.)

I somehow accidentally pasted two pieces of text that I didn't want to paste.

I copied TextA (changed my mind)

then I copied TextB

When I pasted, both pieces of text were pasted.

How did I do this? (I do not want to do this.)

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

It sounds like the second go round you accidentally copied both text A and B together. That is the only explanation because OS X will no by default retain two separate clippings in memory for pasting. There are many aftermarket clipboard utilities than have features like this.... but not a standard OS X install.

3. latestmonkey thread starter macrumors 6502

ok thanks. I was going to have to google a way to turn this off if it was an osx default cause I hate it in windows.

thanks for the response.

4. latestmonkey thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmm, it just happened again. It made a click sound (like a camera shutter) and then when I pasted, the last two things I copied were pasted.

I'm pretty sure I haven't installed any extensions that would do this.

The only thing I have is Logitech Control Center.

Is there a way to find out what extensions are installed on your mac?

5. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

You have definitely got an app or something installed doing that. Mountain Lion does not do that.

I wonder if Logitech Control Center has a setting doing that? Can you look in the System Prefs panel for LCC and see if there is any setting along the lines of a clipboard manager.

You can also run the below command in Terminal app and that will create a file on your desktop that lists everything running on your computer.

Code:
    ps -eaf>~/Desktop/activity.txt

6. latestmonkey thread starter macrumors 6502

It might have been google web clipboard (I was using google spreadsheet this time).

But I wasn't last time.

/scratches head