Copy and Paste with other phones???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macremorse, Aug 15, 2008.

1. macremorse macrumors newbie

I searched the archives first. I have two questions: Does ANY Internet capable hand-held have copy and paste? (2) Has Mac actually stated that a clipboard update for the iPhone is coming? Thanks

2. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

1. Yes, all Treo and Blackberry devices have that capability, and I'm assuming WM phones as well. I'm sure there are others, but I can't say which for sure.

2. Not definitively.

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

1. If they didn't then the complaints about the iPhone not having this feature would be pretty invalid.

2. Apple is a company. Mac is a line of computers. They're not the same thing. No, Apple hardly ever says what they plan to release in advanced. Normally any new feature comes out the day it's announced.

4. macremorse thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm admittedly naive about technology even as much as I love it. I thought the iPhone was the first hand-held phone that could do the net. After all these years of using PCs and wondering about Apple products I finally took the plunge and bought an iMac and an iPhone. Possibly, my biggest objection, with Mac/Apple is the perception of arrogance. They feel no need to bundle even the simplest owner/operator manuals, leave out a feature on the iPhone that anyone should've been safe in assuming would be there, and apparently turn a deaf ear to requests to do something about it. Copy and paste is not just a convenience. I NEED to be able to grab content and send it around.

5. macremorse thread starter macrumors newbie

If they didn't then the complaints about the iPhone not having this feature would be pretty invalid.

I beg to differ with you there. The complaint about C&P is valid because it's existing technology that we all use, everyday, and one would assume that something as advanced as the iPhone would have it. Whether other phones even exist is irrelevant. Leaving out a clipboard is almost as rediculous as leaving out the ability to type a period. Why would you do that when your other products have it?

Apple is a company. Mac is a line of computers

Yes. I know.

No, Apple hardly ever says what they plan to release in advanced. Normally any new feature comes out the day it's announced.

Ain't that special.

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I don't think its arrogance. I think Apple only tries to satisfy money customer - Steve.

7. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    You're not alone.

One good thing that Apple has done, is to bring smartphones into the public eye. They've also boosted other companies moving stuff from R&D to sale.

Almost ironically, the hoopla about iPhones has caused RIM to double its sales of Blackberries, and has almost single handedly caused HTC to become a major player due to its emphasis on enhancing the WM UI. Without any advertising, Diamond sales are not far behind iPhone sales.

Bang on target.

As we've said many times here, phones don't kill each other... phones kill themselves, as with the RAZR sitting on its laurels. Apple, by not testing enough, by not saying anything when there are problems, by not allowing MMS or A2DP, or by putting copy/paste at low priority to App Store etc, is slowly ruining the rep of a phone, that used to be considered more solid than others.