Copy Contacts from "My PC" Group to Exchange Group

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Maverickster, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Maverickster macrumors regular

I have two "Groups" of contacts -- one from "My PC" (sync'd manually to my home Outlook via iTunes) and one from Exchange (sync'd real time OTA to my work Exchange Server); all of the contacts in the "My PC" Group (friends and family) are duplicated in the Exchange Group.

My wife went thorough my home Outlook (i.e. the "My PC" Group) and updated a bunch of the information, so now the information in the "My PC" Group for the affected contacts is more current than the information in Exchange.

Is there any way for me to copy the contacts from the "My PC" Group to the Exchange Group (either individually or en masse) without having to go through individually and see which ones are different (there are well over 700 contacts; I'd bet fewer than 100 were modified, but I'm not adverse to copying them all).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--Mav

P.S. 3G-S

2. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

You can't do this within the iPhone. If you can access both accounts from the same Outlook workstation, then you should be able to copy and paste there.

3. Maverickster thread starter macrumors regular

Can't do that.

4. danbright macrumors newbie

Copy Contacts from "My PC" Group to Exchange Group

Here's a way you could do it:
    - Go to your contacts on Outlook
    - Choose phone list for your current view
    - right click on the table column labels, select customize current view
    - select "modified" as a field
    - sort contacts through modified

This way you can tell which ones were recently updated. Haven't tried it myself but sounds like it could work.

Good luck!