Copy EDITED photos to PC?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Printerscape, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Printerscape, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013

Printerscape macrumors newbie

How do I copy edited photos (via the default/built in photo viewer app) to the PC?

I know for Mac you can use iPhotos, but this is not a choice for PCs.

I tried copying it directly from the iPhone, and tried syncing it via photo stream, and both gave me the original, non edited versions.

What worked was emailing myself the versions, but I'm not doing this for hundreds of photos...

I'm using an iPhone 5, with iOS 6.0.2, and a windows 7 PC.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Save them as Jpegs....Then copy them to a folder and put them on the PC that way.

3. Printerscape thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I save it as JPEG? I don't see that option:
    http://imgur.com/Eomtl.jpg

4. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

How are you editing them? If you're using a 3rd party app like Snapseed, you have to save the edited photo back into the photo roll.

You can mount the iPhone to a Windows PC and access the photo roll like a mounted digital camera (and easily copy them right off the device).

5. Printerscape thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm editing them via the default photos app. When you open the photos app, go into an album, open an image, on the top right "edit".

I've tried mounting the iPhone, and just copy them off the device, but this copies the original images, and not the edited images.

6. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

The built in edit (redeye/crop/etc.) saves the change right over the original image, assuming you EDIT>>[do it]>>SAVE

So you're saying you edit an image, save, close photos, re-open and confirm the image has actually beed edited, but the _previous_ version of the image is what's being copied over when you mount your device? If so, weird.

7. Printerscape thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. I see the edited image on my Photos app, but when I copy it as a mounted device, I see the original image.

Note that this is a non-destructive editing, such that I can uncrop, un-auto enhance, un-everything, and get the original image back on the photos app, so I think the "edits" are just saved as a separate, smaller file, of just instructions for the OS and not as a rendered image, hence the fact that I can't copy these off, unless I e-mail it to myself.