Copy from a PC to iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrMister111, Dec 16, 2013.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Is there an app or program to allow me to copy some files from a Windows PC to my iPhone without iTunes.

I basically want to use the iPhone as a USB disk if possible and ideally using the lightning USB lead.

I've seen numerous "USB" flash disk apps, do these work? How? Over a WiFi or using USB leads?

Also as it's a PC that's not mine if it's a PC program I'd ideally want to run it from a USB pen and not install it on the actual PC (the USB pen is only 1Gb, the files I want to copy are numerous Gb)

Thanks

2. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Nope not possible using USB cable ... For USB connection, you need iTunes

For WiFi, many apps out there which let you transfer via Web browser

3. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

OOOH ... this is nice ... didnt have idea it was able to work without JB ... :D

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well…I've never used it, but a lot of the devs/users in the jailbreak forum seem to have PCs and it's been mentioned a few times.

Hope it works for you and the OP.

5. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Can you use this with USB cable then?

----------

Ok so if I can't use a USB without iTunes, next question I suppose is can I run iTunes direct from a USB pen? This way I won't need to install it on the actual PC I want to get the files off, it won't have any media so should be small?

Of someone says why don't you just use the USB pen then to get the files anyway it's because the USB pen is small Gb wise and the files are large.

Thanks

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Go to the link, scroll down to the very bottom of the page. It mentions USB.

On a PC, I don't think so. iTunes needs Quicktime and it also installs specific files to specific directories on a PC. Without those support files it won't run.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

Why not just buy a usb stick? they are cheap now, even for multi-gb

8. jonAppleSeed macrumors regular

9. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Works like a charm with USB :) .... You should try hacking/installing this on a USB drive and see if it works on another ...

10. MrMister111, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013

MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Copy from a PC to iPhone?

I can but would rather have the flexibility of using my iPhone as always have it with me.

The PC I want to get the files off doesn't have network access. It's not connected to the internet or have a WiFi card

Trouble is I've found out that ifunbox needs iTunes installed so negates the use for me. or no iTunes installed on the PC I want to get files from!?