Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cdelone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
I understand that "syncing" the contacts in my iPhone with the contacts in Outlook for MAC 2011 (v. 14.3.8) is not doable, but I was able once to COPY my contacts from my iPhone to Outlook but did not write it down. Can someone give me step by step instructions how to copy my iPhone contacts and put them in Outlook (i.e., to replace the contacts currently in Outlook with those currently in my iPhone)?

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I understand that "syncing" the contacts in my iPhone with the contacts in Outlook for MAC 2011 (v. 14.3.8) is not doable, but I was able once to COPY my contacts from my iPhone to Outlook but did not write it down. Can someone give me step by step instructions how to copy my iPhone contacts and put them in Outlook (i.e., to replace the contacts currently in Outlook with those currently in my iPhone)?

There are some iPhone apps that will export your contacts to a vcard format. Here is one I fund with a quick search, but there are others. Use the app to export to vcard then email to vcard file to yourself and import it into Outlook.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
You can sync the phone with the MAC contact app and then do an export under File:Export:Export Vcards. You then import the Vcards into Outlook.

I am pretty sure there is a way to make Mac Contacts sync with Outlook automatically as well.

cdelone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
If there really is a way to sync iphone contacts with outlook for Mac that would be the perfect answer. Does anyone know how to do that who would be willing to share, step by step, how to get it done?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
If there really is a way to sync iphone contacts with outlook for Mac that would be the perfect answer. Does anyone know how to do that who would be willing to share, step by step, how to get it done?

I believe you can sync over the air if you pay for Exchange service. You would setup the Exchange service on the phone following this, then setup Exchange in Outlook. I am not aware of a free Exchange service though. There are many pay Exchange services including Microsoft's own here. If you search you can find quite a few paid hosted Exchnage services.

pawanpandey

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2014
Just connect your iPhone to your computer and then wait for it to show up as a device in iTunes. From there, click on the "Info" tab and go down to "Contacts". Select to sync contacts with Outlook and then sync your iPhone. It will copy all contacts from your iPhone (including pics if you have any assigned) to Outlook.Launch Outlook and click the "Contacts" tab. You should see the imported iPhone contacts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.