Copy JPG files to DVD

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Skorman, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Skorman macrumors newbie

This should be easy with an Apple Computer, but it escapes me. I put in a DVD and I do not see an icon for the DVD. I was thinking that copying my photos, or a folder full of photos to a DVD with my Apple computers should be as easy as dragging and dropping them onto the DVD disc icon. So what am I missing?

2. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Option 1:
    When you pop in a blank DVD it *should* pop up a small box and give you some options. One is "Open Finder," this will place an icon on your desktop and a shortcut in the sidebar under "Places." It is creating a Burn Folder for you.

Drag your items in there and when you are done click the "Burn" button in the top right corner.

Option 2:
    If it isn't popping up that option (you may have told it to always do X, in which case it won't pop up, you can change this in Systems Preferences --> CD/DVD.)

You can instead create a Burn Folder before putting the DVD in (or after). Open Finder, click File --> New Burn Folder.

Drag your items in there and when you are done click the "Burn" button in the top right corner.

Attached Files:

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

In Finder you have to make a new Burn Folder, to where you drag what you want to burn.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To automatically set up an action, when an empty CD/DVD is inserted:

[​IMG]
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    [​IMG]

4. Skorman thread starter macrumors newbie

JPG copying, burning onto a DVD

Thanks so much.
    Your help was fast, easy to follow, with great illustrations.
    I did find how to do this using a function of iPhoto, but this
    was not my preference. Thanks