Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MargeSimpson

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
I've noticed a few people have asked for a copy of 1.1.1 Firmware in case manual restore might be required

Here you can find the link to the 1.1.1 firmware.

And here is a discussion on manual restore process.

Bear in mind I havent attempted it, but thought I'd post the links anyway! :)

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks, this is a very timely post with the new firmware coming!

Best grab your 1.1.1 just in case you need it later, and there's no 1.1.2 jailbreak...

mattydub

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
I've noticed a few people have asked for a copy of 1.1.1 Firmware in case manual restore might be required

Here you can find the link to the 1.1.1 firmware.

And here is a discussion on manual restore process.

Bear in mind I havent attempted it, but thought I'd post the links anyway! :)

can anyone please shed some light on this ctrl+click method?? I have also read that it is shift+click etc. Anybody actually tried to restore from a firmware image on disk???

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
On a Mac, you hold down option while clicking on 'Restore', which will then open up a window so you can manually choose the firmware.

You can cancel out of that, so feel free to try it out.

Does anyone know if iTunes 7.5 still allows this? I want to know for sure before I update my iTunes.

Spider.Jm

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
On a Mac, you hold down option while clicking on 'Restore', which will then open up a window so you can manually choose the firmware.

Does anyone know if iTunes 7.5 still allows this? I want to know for sure before I update my iTunes.

"Yes it works"

mattydub

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007

anyone know what this is on a pc??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.