Copy of 10.9

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by MetalCores, Jan 16, 2017.

1. MetalCores macrumors regular

MetalCores

Hi all, I recently acquired a 2008 MacBook Air for free and it's running 10.6.8. I wanna install mavericks on it because anything newer than that seems to run painfully slow with 2GB of ram. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a copy of the OS safely. Thanks!

2. Ebenezum macrumors 6502a

You could consider keeping it on the 10.6.8 as all latest OS versions run slowly with only 2 Gb of RAM.

If that isn't possible and you don't have a friend who has downloaded Mavericks from the Mac App Store finding it will be problematic. While there are third party sellers in the internet marketplaces I wouldn't risk such sources because you can't be certain if the product is real or if it contains malware.

You could also contact closest Apple support provider and ask if they would install Mavericks for you. Or you could try Apple support but I'm not sure if they would provide Mavericks download for you.

I don't see why Apple has decided to make older OS versions so hard to find when all they need to do is to include a link in the App Store for "older OS versions"...