Copy of dissatisfaction comment to CVS & others

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigBeast, Oct 27, 2014.

1. BigBeast, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014

BigBeast macrumors 6502a

For anyone that needs/wants a shortcut to express their dissatisfaction to CVS, Rite Aid or others, I've attached the comment I made to CVS's Customer Relations Department. You can use it as a template to make future comments easier.

CVS Customer Relations Website
    Rite Aid Customer Support

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Don't forget to send a similar note to Walgreens expressing that their adoption of Apple Pay won them a customer from a competitor.

3. jocamero macrumors regular

From what I understand, they didn't just pull Apple Pay support, but all NFC based contactless payments including Google Wallet and payWave. What a terrible decision.

4. BigBeast thread starter macrumors 6502a

True, but then the privacy, security, and shopping experience using other NFC payment systems isn't changed much either.

5. BigBeast thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If you go to http://www.mcx.com you will see all the retailers who won't support ApplePay. Make sure you contact them all.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Some of them are supporting Apple Pay unofficially, i.e., they haven't disabled NFC as CVS and Rite-Aid did. No reason to contact those retailers or draw unnecessary attention to the matter.

8. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Yeah, and not to mention that at least one of them (Meijer) is an official supporter of both MCX and ApplePay. Might just be the retailers' decision to cut off NFC.

9. newellj macrumors 601

Companies are very sensitive to Twitter publicity. I tweeted a message with @CVS and @RiteAid and #ApplePay. Consider doing the same, if enough noise pops up in the Twitterverse they'll notice.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Personally, I don't think this will be very effective. Your best bet is to use Apple Pay in other stores and not use CurrentC once it is operational.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

MCX exclusivity agreement requires them to cut off NFC altogether. However, some of them may be bailing out in 2015 so that may be why they've not done so.

12. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Planning to bail out would have to be the only reason that makes sense then, right? I mean, if you've signed to support MCX and agree to cut out NFC, then obviously you can't accept ApplePay, it would be impossible. Yet Meijer is apparently signed to both. This is all confusing to me. Should be interesting to see what happens, though.

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Given the business arrangements, I don't think complaining will do too much :/

I think its good as consumers to voice our displeasure but I'd temper that with a lower expectation of any real change.

14. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I read that MCX required a CurrentC exclusivity agreement.

You could contact them and say that you hope they will support ApplePay.

15. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

Did the exclusivity just happen within the timeframe of the Apple Pay rollout? 'Cause my CVS has had the NFC reader for quite a while.

Or does that just point to the lackluster adoption of NFC based payments with other devices? And the CurrentC contingent is afraid of Apple Pay.

16. deeddawg macrumors 604

Exclusivity has been there for a while. Apple Pay just brought the noncompliance to light.