Copy & Paste ? Cant be this difficult

randys

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
7
0
ctrl c and ctrl v dont do cut and paste, apparently...

if i use the cursor to highlite text or get a text box and then want to cut and paste it, how do you do that...thanks
 

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
4,156
23
Lincoln,UK
Apple Key + C , Apple Key + V

i have the problem of when i'm at work i have to switch back to control + c ect...

Best one is Apple Key + L when in safari - (windows version in IE is control + D)
 
L

Lau

Guest
randys said:
ctrl c and ctrl v dont do cut and paste, apparently...

if i use the cursor to highlite text or get a text box and then want to cut and paste it, how do you do that...thanks
Apple key + c and Apple key + v. Basically for common shortcuts like this, whatever the windows one was use Apple instead of ctrl. :)

Edit...too slow. :D
 

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
1,908
1
It's apple+c and apple+v. the apple button is also referred to as the command (cmd) button.:)

EDIT: Damn, I gotta learn to type with 10 fingers... :D
 

randys

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
7
0
liketom said:
Apple Key + C , Apple Key + V

i have the problem of when i'm at work i have to switch back to control + c ect...
pple Key + C , Apple Key + V

i have the problem of when i'm at work i have to switch back to control + c ect...
liketom is online now Report Bad Post Reply With Quote

thanks a bunch!!!!!!
 

nevir

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2006
111
0
If you're constantly swapping between PC and Mac, one thing you can do is swap your ctrl- and command- keys, (under system preferences... somewhere... don't have a mac handy atm)

probably not the best of solutions if you want to get used to macs, but it can help
 

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2004
888
0
ct, us
For future reference, if you think there is a keystroke combo for a certain function, you can look for it in the menu:

Picture 1.png
 

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
1,952
0
District of Columbia
liketom said:
Apple Key + C , Apple Key + V

i have the problem of when i'm at work i have to switch back to control + c ect...

Best one is Apple Key + L when in safari - (windows version in IE is control + D)
Even worse, I have a Windows keyboard on my Mac right now, and the command-key translates to the Windows key (the one with the flying window on it.) So I have to push Window+C to copy, Window+V to paste, etc.
 

slackersonly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
525
0
the longer my day at work (pc) the harder i have switching my brain to my Mac keyboard. I am getting to old for this. Gotta get my company on the Mac bandwagon.
 

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
4,156
23
Lincoln,UK
savar said:
Even worse, I have a Windows keyboard on my Mac right now, and the command-key translates to the Windows key (the one with the flying window on it.) So I have to push Window+C to copy, Window+V to paste, etc.
i bet that's hard going