Copy/Paste on Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Barbariska, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Barbariska macrumors member

Barbariska

Hello! I have Touch 16 gig (1.1.2) jailbroken. Is there a way to copy/paste text within Safari on Touch? Thanks.

2. goldenlotus macrumors regular

Yeah I was surprised about this. Hopefully this feature will be added at some point.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

I don't even know how they would come up with a method to highlight text that you want to copy. I don't imagine that this will be happening any time soon.

4. goldenlotus macrumors regular

How about, hold down the home button while you scroll over the text with your finger?

5. infosprt macrumors regular

I have seen an Icon type of display that occurs when you hold your finger on a form input box for about 5 seconds. I have a feeling that this may be the type of display you will get with a copy and paste.a method to select from a list of things I think will pop up there.

I have seen this with Safari on the iPhone and I would imagine it is the same with the touch.

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Check this concept out, it looks reasonable :)

7. aethelbert macrumors 601

Looks like a good idea and seems like it might be possible. But the video... that was just dumb.

8. MysteyGirl macrumors newbie

just go to www.pastbud.com it really works and watch the video on youtube too to unde

9. SteelRegn macrumors newbie

Copy/Paste Update for Touch!

Apple releases an iPhone 3.0 software update that allows copy/paste functionality this summer. Touch owners will have to pay $10 for it. (Ugh, figures- I appreciate that they responded to user suggestions in a SEMI-timely manner, but come on...) See the story below.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencea...software-brings-copy-and-paste-to-iPhone.html