Copy/Paste sound issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macnerdiac, Jul 13, 2010.

1. macnerdiac macrumors member

macnerdiac

I dont know what i have done but recently aftering copying text, The computer makes a sound everytime i paste? Like an error sound. Before i would copy and paste without any sound now everytime i paste a sound follows...its annoying
    anyone know what the problem is?
    thank you

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

3. macnerdiac thread starter macrumors member

macnerdiac

4. macnerdiac thread starter macrumors member

macnerdiac

5. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

That's odd that the text pastes if you're hearing that error sound. If you create a new user account (System Preferences>Accounts), does the sound persist in the new account when pasting?

6. macnerdiac thread starter macrumors member

macnerdiac

I just created a new account and NO sound when copy and pasting
    , logged back into my main and yep the sound pops up when pasting :confused:

7. macnerdiac thread starter macrumors member

macnerdiac

I just went to system preferences, then hardware to sound
    and the noice is "funk" under alert sound. so i guess its the alert sound that is coming up when pasting..... :confused:

8. macnerdiac thread starter macrumors member

macnerdiac

Fixed

Ok anyone reading this i have fixed the issue. I ran repair disk permissions and that seemed to fix the problem right away. :p

9. anusha311 macrumors newbie

Help!

I have this problem too! I tried to repair the disk, but the problem sounds are still there. Does anyone know what it is?? It's driving me around the twist!

10. WorkInProgressV macrumors newbie

Possibly Keylogger

I know for a fact that sounds (like "funk") when activating shortcuts like command^(V,C,D) can be caused by a keylogger that is currently active. I have messed around with background programs that log keystrokes, and it is possible that you have one running as well. I recommend looking up short cuts that might open the program or finding it in the processes list.

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Nice thread resurrection with your first and only post, but the only way to get a keylogger on a Mac is to install it yourself or give someone access to your Mac to install it.

12. Elaine Morrison macrumors newbie

Changing funk paste to something nice like bottle!

I found this on the net by someone else but can't relocate the link:
    Go to MacintoshHD>System>Library>Sounds>copy one you like.
    Go to System>Library>Components>right click CoreAudio.component>click Show Package Contents>Contents>SharedSupport>SystemSounds>system>replace VolumeMount.aif with your copied sound (changing its name and chucking the old one).
    Restart. :cool:

13. Lexiloo macrumors newbie

me too

I've got the same problem. Tried the sound procedure as above. It doesn't happen when I created a new user… so there must be something I've done to make it happen. Tried repairing the disk. still does it.