Copy photos from camera

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hallux, Aug 20, 2012.

1. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

As a recent Mac convert, I'm struggling with my (admittedly) infrequent photo imports. On my Windows PC I had a program that would copy photos into a directory structure as such, based on date taken not date imported: pictures\year\month\date\image#.jpg

I would like to continue this organization structure if I could but I'm struggling with how to accomplish this in an automated manner. I've copied all my photos to the Mac from the PC in that structure. If I must, I'll import into iPhoto and categorize but I was trying to stick to how I did it. I've gotten into automator a little bit but I'm not sure it can pull the date from the images on the camera.

As I said, if it's easier to just use iPhoto to import and categorize, I'll import and categorize EVERYTHING (~8 years of digital pictures), and have to figure it out as I go. Don't be afraid to tell me to go this route as I've pretty much decided it's the way I'll need to go.

Thanks in advance.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

From time to time I use an app called Photsync on the iPhone and the Mac to transfer pictures

This pulls the photos over into a folder for you

3. hallux thread starter macrumors 68020

hallux

If it's this one: http://www.photosync-app.com

That's not what I'm looking for. I'm not copying from an iPhone or iPad, I'm copying from an actual digital camera. Looking closer, I'd still need to specify the folder and manually sort them as I want them.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

^^
    Ah, sorry, I misunderstood
    Used to people wanting to move photos from their iPhone

In that case, I've got nuttin :(