Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Is there a way to copy my almost 300 iPad ready pictures direcly to the Wallpaper folder on the iPad?

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Why not put them in the "Photos" section? I have a special folder on my desktop called "iPad Photo Gallery" and I have put the images I want into that folder and then in iTunes sync to that folder and voila -- the images appeared in my iPad. I then chose a couple of them to use as my wallpaper.

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Clix Pix said:
Why not put them in the "Photos" section? I have a special folder on my desktop called "iPad Photo Gallery" and I have put the images I want into that folder and then in iTunes sync to that folder and voila -- the images appeared in my iPad. I then chose a couple of them to use as my wallpaper.

The long way to say 'no'.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I think the wallpaper folder is not user-writeable. If you want to change the wallpaper to something other than the defaults, you have to browse through all the photos you have on the iPad. I never bothered to sync my iPad with iPhoto (I have photo sync turned off). You might be able to create an event in iPhoto called "my wallpaper" and sync it to the iPad and have all your wallpaper show up there. I just prefer to get my photos onto my iPad by some means other than usb so I have never tried this.

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

The long way to say 'no'.

Yes this is the word I needed. :D Wish Apple would let you copy to it just for neatness and convenience sake.

pkdoyle

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2010
Plano, TX
So what, you have something against iTunes? I do exactly what the previous poster mentioned. I have an iPad wallpaper folder. When I get a new wallpaper image I dump in that folder. Whenever I sync with iTunes that folder gets moved to the iPad. I don't have to search through thousands of files to change the wallpaper on the iPad. I just open the Photos app and then select my Wallpapers folder. It opens and I pic the image I want. What's so hard about that?

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
So what, you have something against iTunes?...What's so hard about that?

Are you ranting at me.:confused: Cool down it's not Armageddon. :eek: It would just be nice to have all Wallpaper related pics in the Wallpaper folder (with Apple's) on the iPad. Just a connivance issue and not a big panty wadder.:D

pkdoyle

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2010
Plano, TX
Sorry Julien, I did not mean to jump down your throat. I just did not understand your issue with the way it works. To each their own.
Enjoy your iPad.... If you can. ;)

ultima

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008
Sync pic will create cache on your hard drive which lessen your space to store other file. I dont like it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.