Copy text color in Pages

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by suumessage, Oct 18, 2013.

1. suumessage macrumors newbie

I am writing a document mostly in black but want headings in color. I have chosen a green on the color wheel, and changed the heading from black to green, but how can I ensure that I have the same color in every heading? When I highlight the black text, the color wheel switches to solid black. Can I save the green somewhere?

2. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

Hi!

Are you seeing the same color picker as my attachment? There is a tray you can extend by clicking on that little belly-button dot at the bottom & dragging down. Then you can click in the swatch at the top next to the magnifying glass and drag it into an empty slot in the bottom tray. Anytime you want to use that particular color, just click on the tiny swatch in the bottom tray.

Attached Files:

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Copy and Paste your coloured title, and then type over. It will be the same colour as the original.

4. suumessage thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! Both of these techniques worked! Not as intuitive as Word. :)

5. Dark Dragoon macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

1) Open up the styles drawer (I circled it in the picture)
    2) Make sure the right heading style is selected, either for an existing heading or type out a new one.
    3) Change the colour of the heading manually using the colour picker
    4) Select the heading text
    5) In the styles drawer click on the drop down arrow beside the heading style an choose "redefine style from selection"

Every existing and new heading of that style will now use the colour you selected.

Attached Files: