Copying 3GS to 3G

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Garbag3man117, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Garbag3man117 macrumors member

Garbag3man117

Hi. My neighbor has been stealing things from me, and I think its time I got him back. We both have iPhones, he has a 3GS and I have a 3G, and we happen to have identical otterbox cases. I had this idea a few minutes ago to switch the two phones, but I need to make my iPhone work with his SIM card and have all his apps and their save data. He never uses the camera, or compass, so that doesnt matter, and his iPhone is jailbroken (done by me) Is there any way to like SSH into it and copy it exactly to mine? I am of course switching the SIM cards so he can call and stuff. Thanks in advanced.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Dont you think he's going to notice when his phone is slower than a turtle all of a sudden?

3. Sixtafoua macrumors 6502

Sixtafoua

First of all, if he's stealing stuff from you, report him to the police, don't go around stealing his phone. However, if you want to get all his apps/ data onto your phone, the easiest way is to delete everything off your iPhone, and then plug it into his computer and restore from a backup of his iPhone. This will transfer everything he has onto your phone. If you both have the same carrier, simply switching sims will work fine. If he has a background or uses multitasking, the change will be obvious to him, so you may want to jailbreak to allow backgrounds and multitasking. All of this will take quite a lot of work, and if it's just a joke then it may not be worth it. If you're actually planning on keeping his phone, I would recommend against it, since he'll probably find out eventually, and it may ruin your friendship or whatever type of relationship you have with this guy. I'm not here to tell you what to do, but it's illegal to steal. ;)

4. bushido Suspended

bushido

this reminds me of the good old times when i switched out my sisters 3GS with my 3G, she never noticed :D switched it back once i got the 4