copying a disk remotely / burning iso?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by truz, Jun 2, 2008.

1. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

I'm trying to get a copy of Age of Mythology: Titans so I can play with my nephew back in Florida. I own my own copy and my nephew owns his as well. The problem is I don't have my CD's to play. I manage to find the ISO's for age of mythology and the expansion "Titans". How do I go about either connecting to my mac in Florida and burning a disk remotely (Connecting to my iMac and copying the disk in the drive and burning it on my macbook pro or burning an ISO to boot in windows correctly as I tried using toast and the CD does not boot like it was a retail disk.) I tried going to local stores and just picking up another copy, but due to the game being old and the town I live in very small the game can't be picked up anywhere within 100 miles.

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

If you can get the ISO onto your local computer, you can usually just mount it and play the game. I have my Age of Empires II and Age of Mythology in ISO format which I made using Disk Utility. Just have the iMac turn the CD into an ISO or something called a Master Copy or something like that, should be a .CDR, then transfer that copy of the CD to your local Macbook. Double click to mount and you should be able to play the game.

Note, to get the ISO from your home computer it will take a very long time. You might want to look up a bittorrent and download it that way. You have a legal copy, you just need the ISO so you can play. Type in "Age of Mythology OSX torrent" into google and you will get a bunch of torrents for AOM for OSX that should give you a working image to play the game.

3. truz thread starter macrumors 6502a

truz

I did end up downloading the torrent for Age of Mythology + the Titans Expansion. Even when I mount the ISO (AoM_T) and load the Titans it still pops up with the "please enter your cd into your drive and restart the game". If I download the "no cd" 1.03 Titans crack, The Titans does not work.. The crack is smaller then the one included with Age of Mythology and every time I load the Titans with the crack it says there is an updated version to go download it, so I install the updated version and mount the ISO and I also tried burning the ISO and I still can't get it to load and play..

I guess my only options is to wait 2 weeks until I go back to florida and pickup my CD's this time... Unless someone has something else I can try...?

4. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

Try uninstalling the copy you have, and installing the one you downloaded with the torrent. My copy is just Age of Mythology is the toast version that I downloaded with a torrent, not the Titans expension version. I'm not sure if they changed the CD check technology with the Titan version. Maybe pick the other torrent.

Edit: When I just tried to install AOM it prompted me for the CD. It was because I installed the patch before starting up the game. I deleted the install, installed it again, started it up before patching it with the 1.01 patch for it. Quite the game, installed the patch, and the game started right up. So if you install the patch before starting up the game from a fresh install, it seems to not work. But install the patch after playing a fresh install and the patch version will still work. So I would try the deleting the install, and installing, and try to play the fresh install.