Copying an audio CD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AlexQQQ, Aug 6, 2012.

1. AlexQQQ macrumors member

Hi-
    I am wanting to copy an audio CD (the recordings are of church songs...not copyrighted) that I can play in my CD player, not just computer.

Not sure how to go about this. I found several sites using Disk Utility but in my system I am unable to create a "new image" with the audio CD selected (not sure why). I also don't know how to burn using iTunes if that is even possible.

Anyways, if anyone knows how I can duplicate an audio CD or just create a CD with the individual recordings and direct me to the instruction page that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Alex

2. simsaladimbamba

Tried Burn and its COPY section yet? You could also rip the audio CD via iTunes to a lossless format and add the songs to a playlist and burn that playlist via iTunes, though the Disk Utility should work just fine, normally.

3. TyroneShoes2 macrumors regular

Let me put it this way:

iTunes is not wonderfully-intuitive, but it is otherwise wonderful, and if you figured out how to subscribe to MacRumors and post here, you can figure out how to rip and reburn.

Just be sure to import in a lossless format. That puts the music on your HDD. Then use iTunes to also burn to a CD. It's pretty simple, and there are countless tutorials on the web and on youtube.