Copying and pasting: Maintaining paragraphs?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by St. Germain, Jun 16, 2008.

1. St. Germain macrumors 6502

I run a sports web site and often copy and paste a few paragraphs from various news stories on my site, then link the story. In Windows, copying and pasting would always maintain a full paragraph break. On OS X though, when I copy and paste a few paragraphs, it only puts a line break in between each paragraph instead of a full paragraph break (full blank line.) Is there any way to remedy this?

Here's an example...

In OS X:
    MSU Board of Trustees member Faylene Owen will be one of Sen. Hillary Clinton’s, D-N.Y., 69 delegates from Michigan heading to the Democratic National Convention in August, but she isn’t planning on supporting Clinton much longer.
    Owen said she and others currently in the Clinton camp would be supporting Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., once officially released by Clinton.
    “Once we have been released, which I expect to happen, we will become Obama delegates,” Owen said. “We don’t know any different.”

In Windows:
    MSU Board of Trustees member Faylene Owen will be one of Sen. Hillary Clinton’s, D-N.Y., 69 delegates from Michigan heading to the Democratic National Convention in August, but she isn’t planning on supporting Clinton much longer.

Owen said she and others currently in the Clinton camp would be supporting Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., once officially released by Clinton.

“Once we have been released, which I expect to happen, we will become Obama delegates,” Owen said. “We don’t know any different.”

2. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Curious…
    I just tried it in both Safari and Firefox and it seems OK.

Edit:
    I pasted into both InDesign and plain old TextEdit… All fine.