Copying contacts from a Sony Ericsson

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by boss.king, Nov 12, 2009.

1. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Hi guys. I've searched and I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Here's my situation:
    My last phone was a SE C902, but now I've upgraded to a 32gig 3GS. Is there any way I can get my contacts off my C902 to my iPhone (I have a laptop running Vista if that helps) without using Outlook, as this requires me to purchase a windows product key.
    I'd like a free solution if that is possible. I've copied my contacts off my sim card but I have multiple numbers for each contact and these do not copy. I have about 250 seperate contacts so it is too much to re enter manually.

I've searched but it seems the only way to do it is with Outlook as far as I've seen, but I'm praying that you guys know another way.

Loving my iPhone btw :D

2. jpma macrumors 6502

if you have contact left in your simcard
    you can import the contacts inside iphone, under setting- mail(scroll down)

if you have a mac, you can import the whole contact from your sony ericssion into address book with iSync and sync your iphone with the contact from address book.

as for window, I have no idea.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The guy above answered you. Use your old sim and import the contacts. Otherwise for windows you can use Outlook or Windows Address Book if you synced your contacts with the old phone.

4. boss.king thread starter macrumors 68040

boss.king

If you read my post you would see that he simply stated everything I already knew and explained that I couldnt use. I was asking if ther are any alternative ways to do it.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Oh, copied your contacts off your sim card means import. Say so, next time.

6. boss.king thread starter macrumors 68040

boss.king

Sorry if I hadn't made it clear but I thought my question was pretty well explained. I take it from your lack of suggestions that those are the only possible methods do do it if one does not wishnto jailbreak? Thanks anyway