Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iguess25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
I have tons of original dvds. I want to back them up on dvd-r's.. I have toast 8 ti. What else do i need to burn my originals? Toast is fine to burn on blanks
once there ripped?
help

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
i used clonedvd + anydvd back when i was with windows...
still looking for a similar solution....and clone dvd has compression technology that allows me to copy to a single layer dvd.
i dont know any mac softwares that do this?please help

J

jmadlena

Can't you just use Disk Utility to copy the entire disc onto a DVD-R?

iguess25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
Try mac the ripper.
If you make a donation they will send you the latest version.
You might also look into Dvd2onex. Very good for using after mac the ripper. For compression and to help restructure, the ripped dvd file structure. Then burn with toast.

mac the ripper
http://www.ripdifferent.com/phpbb2/index.php

Cool. i have toast. just burn rip file w/toast to play in dvd player..

sOwL

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2007
Nerd Cave
I have tons of original dvds. I want to back them up on dvd-r's.. I have toast 8 ti. What else do i need to burn my originals? Toast is fine to burn on blanks
once there ripped?
help

"Mac The Ripper" is my choice. Works great, and its freeware. It also has the option of ripping a DVD with the 2 original TS folders (which you can then burn to a dvd-r with toast) and then you would have a copy of the exact quality as the original.

iguess25

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
"Mac The Ripper" is my choice. Works great, and its freeware. It also has the option of ripping a DVD with the 2 original TS folders (which you can then burn to a dvd-r with toast) and then you would have a copy of the exact quality as the original.

Where can you find the option of ripping the two original TS_FOLDERS?

also when using dbd2onex what does this mean? it says this when i go to make a full disc co[y menus and extras.. The selected folder, /Users/geraldduhon/Downloads/VIDEO_TS/, does not contain a valid dvd-video fileset!

what do full disc extraction "arccos" mean?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.