Copying everything off iPhone onto new MBP

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by whorocks83, Aug 13, 2010.

1. whorocks83 macrumors newbie

Just recently my macbookpro was stolen that I backup my iphone to. I didn't have a recent backup of data on this so I can't just plug in a harddrive and get everything back, but what I want to do is connect my iPhone to my replacement mbp and copy everything off it before it does a sync. I know that when it syncs for the first time it will erase everything so want to avoid losing all my photos, apps, music, contacts etc!

I know Apple don't really tell you how to do this but I'm sure there is a way around it. Its very critical as I can't sync my phone until I sort this out otherwise I will lose everything.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edit: Ideally I want to make a new backup of my iphone and then restore through iTunes.

2. d88co88 macrumors 6502

d88co88

In iTunes, go the File>Transfer Purchases. This transfers all purchases, but nothing else. I don't know if there is a way the get EVERYTHING off.

3. TomMu macrumors newbie

you can choose to use the third party utilities .

you can choose to use the third party utilities .

4. TomMu macrumors newbie

5. whorocks83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does that copy everything including contacts and apps? Or only 'iPod' type files. Thanks