Copying files from iPhone to Computer

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by indians724, Jul 10, 2009.

1. indians724 macrumors newbie

Ok, so I upgraded to the 3GS from a 3G and also updated my iTunes to the newest version from apples website. After that was done I went to put all of my music and movie files back on when I noticed somehow all of my movies that were on my computer before I upgraded iTunes were not there anymore. I still have them on my 3G and contacted apple and they didnt help me at all. So I am wondering what is the best way to get these off my 3G and back onto my computer to put on my 3GS.

Thanks

2. stezza333 macrumors regular

Are you saying they are no longer in iTunes or no longer on your computer? :rolleyes:

They should still be there. Look for them on your hard drive, add them to iTunes again and sync them.

You can't "copy" the videos off your 3G.

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Like the poster above says, they should still be on your hard drive. Its just that itunes may need to told where to look for them. If not you can get programs which copy music off an ipod. Im sure there would be one for videos too....

4. indians724 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah they are no longer on my hard drive. I searched for a program and found one and now I have them back.

5. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

What program did you use?

6. indians724 thread starter macrumors newbie