copying from ipod touch to ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by perlinpinpin, Nov 1, 2007.

1. perlinpinpin macrumors newbie

Hello,

At home, my boyfriend has a Windows computer and an ipod touch, and i have a Mac laptop and an ipod touch too. On his computer, we have lots of mp3 that we both listen to. My ipod is synchronised with my mac, and his with this computer. He filled his ipod touch with his mp3, and because i think it's no use copying his mp3 from this computer to mine (wasting hard drive space), I was wondering if for Mac, a software exists in order to copy directly from his Ipod to mine (using usb connection).
    I searched on internet but i didn't find any software which deal with 2 ipods (sometimes you can connect 2 but you can only read one at once).

Thanks for help.:rolleyes:

2. Gerard. macrumors member

i dont think so, because even if you do get the files on it, the next time you sync it with your mac, itll check if the songs exist on it, and if they dont it will delete them.

3. mattydub macrumors member

I dont think this is accurate??? I synced with my girlfriends mac no problem... Came home, synced with my pc, and it never deleted my files??? Still got em... Worst case scenario you will have to authorize both of the computers with both of the ipods (shouldn't have to as i never did) and then the files can be transfered back and forth even if they came from diff. iTunes acounts.:cool:

4. tobenning macrumors member

You could set up a shared library will all your music and pick and choose what you want on each touch.

5. floxir macrumors newbie

Hack it and setup an ftp server on it.
    everytime when you visit ftp://127.0.0.1/ you can download files.
    and you can also use ibrick to upload files.