Copying images to clipboard in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hammer05, Oct 11, 2007.

1. hammer05 macrumors newbie

I'm having problems saving images to the clipboard when using Safari. When I right click the image and click "Copy Image" (I am NOT clicking the "Copy Image Address option) and then go into Mac Office and try to paste the image into a Word document or PowerPoint, the image address rather than the image itself is paste into my document/PowerPoint. I know an alternative option would be to save the image to disk and then insert into the document, but this is a hassle and inconvenience when you don't intend to use the image in any other documents/PowerPoints.

I do not have this problem when I am using Firefox. However, I really like the look and feel of the Safari browser over Firefox. Is there a setting that can be changed so that this does not occur or is this the the standard way that Safari functions for cutting and pasting images. Thanks!

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You could always use the selected screenshot option (shift+ctrl+4, then draw a rectangle over what you want). This'll copy to clipboard. Not a great solution, but an option.