Copying itunes library from Mac to Vista over Local Network

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Casho, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Casho macrumors newbie

I am a recent switcher. When I first got my MacBook I connected my Windows formatted iPod to the MacBook to transfer my purchased iTunes music, and everything worked fine.

Now I want to transfer the iTunes music folder from my Mac to a PC (both Vista and XP) over my local network. However, when I try to do this I get the following error message:

Error 0x800700FE: The specified extended attribute name was invalid.

I get the same error message if I try to transfer the individual music folders (eg Oasis).

I have no trouble transferring the folders for song/albums that I have subsequently downloaded to the Mac from iTunes. I only have the problem with the music I originally transferred from the iPod.

I have been trying to research extended attributes to see if I can edit this, but it all goes over my head. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

3. Casho thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your note, but I have no trouble transferring files between my Mac and PC's except for the itune's files that I noted above. I can also play a Mac's iTunes files in a PC's iTunes without a hitch, but I want to transfer the actual file. My problem is limited to transferring itunes music folders that were created in my Mac when I synced my Windows formatted ipod. The problem specifically relates to problems with Windows properly dealing with extended attributes that are associated with these files.