Copying links in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DannyDrama, Apr 8, 2014.

1. DannyDrama macrumors regular

Why can I not highlight part of a link and copy just that text? Its the one thing that's frustrating the hell out of me. All I get is copy link options, no option to copy just text. How do I do this?

Thanks.

2. CrickettGrrrl macrumors 6502a

CrickettGrrrl

You can right-click once, then click one more time on menu option "Copy Link".

Edit: sorry, didn't see the "part of a link". Can you post an example of what you mean by part of a link?

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Click once in the middle of the text and as you said, it will select the whole thing. Now click a second time and the selection will go away. Now just drag your mouse over the part you want to select and right click then copy.

4. Qaanol macrumors 6502a

To make sure I understand what you are asking, are you saying you want to be able to do things like copy just the word “link” in things like: this links to Google?

Unfortunately there’s not a one-step way to do so. About the best I can offer is, copy the whole link and paste somewhere that takes only plain text, like the URL bar (⌘L or ⌘T). Then select the part of the text you want and copy it from there.