Copying new DVDs to laptop

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jCrabb13, Oct 3, 2010.

1. jCrabb13 macrumors newbie

I use to use handbrake whenever i would get a DVD and use that to download it to my computer to put on my ipod and what not. For some of the newer DVDs (ie Iron Man 2, watch it if you havent!) all i get is a folder called VIDEO_TS that handbrake doesnt seem to want to read. does anyone know how i can get my DVDs on my computer again... :(

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I use Mac DVD Ripper Pro or RipIt (both worth the cost in my opinion)
    They seem to be fairly up to date on newer releases, although some may still not work

And then I use Handbrake if I want to put it on my iPad or iPhone

3. jCrabb13 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. texasmccoy macrumors member

texasmccoy

Have you tried looking inside the VIDEO_TS folder? Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but most often when I do the task you are trying to accomplish, the same kind of folder is created and the actual video is inside this folder. If the folder is empty, then I suppose there is some incompatibility issue between your DVD and handbrake.

I like to use Mac the Ripper to convert DVD's to digital files. You can download it for free from many places on the internet. I got mine from this website:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14414/mactheripper

It has always worked wonderfully and I've never encountered any problems with it, nor have I ever gotten any viruses/spyware/etc from downloading it from that particular site.

The developer's website is no longer functional, so finding information about the program can be a bit tricky, but if you just search in forums such as this one or look for tutorials on youtube, you can usually find whatever info you need regarding this program.

5. jCrabb13 thread starter macrumors newbie

ya the VIDEO_TS folder just has a bunch of parts of the movie in VLC files. ill give that

oh and thanks and gig em :)