Copying old itunes folder to new computer?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by genetic, Aug 17, 2008.

1. genetic macrumors 6502

I have recently purchased a new pc and i am wondering if there is a way to move my itunes folder to my computer so i wouldnt lose all my playlists, music and info. i know i can simply just copy the files to a thumb drive but i am also going from XP home to vista 64bit. would there be any issues with that? and seeing as it is a new computer, is there a way to setup my iphone without having to restore it? this way i wont lose all my apps/music/contacts etc. and if that ISNT possible is there some program i can download to just transfer my music from my phone straight to my comp? i have tons of music so id rather lose my contacts and what not than my music. this is my first iphone so im a bit new at this, any help would be greatly appreciated! :cool:

2. RHD macrumors 6502

When I bought a new MacBook Pro somehow all my iTunes music migrated across without my realizing.
    What I did was enable the new computer in the iStore so it could share my tunes but I don't remember actively transfering them though my computers are networked together. I don't know how it happened but they all appeared in the new computer. Playlists didn't though.