copying photographs to disc

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wornout, Dec 8, 2011.

1. wornout macrumors member

I have tried to put a selection of photographs from my laptop on to a disc but after asking it to burn it goes through all the process and then tells me "The burn failed because of a writing medium error"

Anybody have any ideas?

Thank you.

2. Darby67 macrumors 6502

Sounds like the media you have isn't very reliable. It's been a while but Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden produced minimal coasters for me where some other name brands were coasters more often than not. But not knowing much more about your system or the drive itself I wouldn't fully discount the possibility that the drive may have issues. I'd start with media though.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you're using what would be considered quality media then your drive could be bad. Buy the above-mentioned brand and see if you get the same error. If you do then I would venture to guess there could be a problem with your drive.

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

The error very clearly points to the medium. Can you verify that you're using quality and known good media?

5. wornout thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your replies.

I am not very computer literate but I take it by "media" you mean the disc I am using. I just have a few in my bag taken off a stack and I cannot remember the make but I have used about fifty up until now and only one has not worked before this.

So, I take it that is is probably my six month old macbook pro!!!