iPhone Copying Photos from PC to Camera Roll keeping dates intact

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Enjoylife1788, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

So I just restored my iPhone as new. Now, I want to copy my old photos to Camera Roll. Now I know there are many ways of doing it.

I normally do with an app call DC Copy. I have to copy all the photos to the iTunes sharing and then open the app and then it transfers all the photos to Camera Roll.

It works perfectly except for one issue. It messes with the dates of the photo. So when all the photos(100s of them) are copied to Camera Roll, then they have the current date in moments. So all of those photos will be sorted only by Place and not date.

So is there any way I could do that with keeping the dates intact?

I am jailbroken too, just in case there is any jailbroken option available?

2. numlock macrumors 68000

do you still have an itunes backup of the phone pre restore?

i used ibackupbot to copy my camera roll to a new setup

and does it have to be in the camera roll?

3. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I do have the itunes back up. However I would like to add few more other than the last backup.

How can i use ibackupbot. and yes it has to be camera roll otherwise i could make a folder and then tell ituens to sync it up for me.

4. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

5. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. numlock macrumors 68000

ok just checking.

the pane on the left side is split into backups (top) connected devices (bottom). select the backup you want and under multimedia files you select the camera roll and then you select restore.

the original dates are preserved but i dont think you can add other pictures. what is the source of these pictures?