Copying/saving PDFs from mail

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Simgar988, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

I sent myself some PDFs and received them in my email on my phone, but could not figure out how to save them or copy them to my phone nor to the new idisk app from apple.

is it possible?

2. Simgar988 thread starter macrumors 65816

Simgar988

3. inf macrumors 6502

inf

You can't save anything to the phone from the apps. Not sure about the new iDisk app, don't think Apple has integrated it into the OS

4. wazza12345 macrumors regular

Because apple take enjoyment out of locking down what to most people would seem like the most basic of smartphone functionality..

(i still think the iphone rocks, but apple really are a pr1ck of a company)

5. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

The iPhone OS doesn't recognise the concept of data files, apart from those held within apps themselves.

Also, apps can't talk to each other (non-native, anyway). This makes it impossible to associate an email attachment with a friendly app - i.e. a Word doc with DocumentsToGo.

Who knows if it will ever be possible... Maybe Apple will go down the route of forcing everyone to have a MobileMe account and route files through the iDisk. Can't imagine that thought ever entered their heads!

6. wazza12345 macrumors regular

Surely they wouldn't think of ways to try to squeeze more $£ of their customers.. it's not like we shelled out a shietload for the device to begin with!

7. andrewsd macrumors 6502

$$$

Oh they will, THEY WILL haha:D