Copying to burn folder makes alias?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by iCheese, Nov 27, 2007.

1. iCheese macrumors regular

I am putting together a burn folder so I can create some CDs for a few friends. Whenever I copy and paste a file to the burn folder, it creates an alias instead of a "real" copy. I don't remember having this problem in Tiger. Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this, or is this just another bug?

ETA: Nevermind, I read OS X help, and I guess this is how the burn function is supposed to operate now. It creates aliases in the burn folder, but when burning the CD it will burn the original file onto it.

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

What's there to fix? When you burn the disc it will still burn the files.

3. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

There is nothing to fix, burn the CD and you will see

Burn folders have always appeared to contain alias'

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

It's never been any difference since Tiger. Alias's have always been created in the burn folder.

5. Samwise592 macrumors regular

it puts an alias there so you don't have to keep two copies of the same file. When you burn it will still put the whole file there, not just the alias. Just be careful to not delete the origional!

6. live4ever macrumors 6502a

Burning used to require 2x the hard drive space, so if you wanted to burn a 4GB DVD you needed over 8GB because Finder used to make copies of all the files (this was back in the Jaguar-Panther days I believe).