copying tweet to Notes app doesn't work anymore

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by lexvo, Mar 7, 2017.

1. lexvo macrumors 65816

Previously, I could copy the context of an entire tweet (text and image) to the Apple Notes app by using the share sheet. Since recently this does not work anymore, only a link to the tweet is copied.
    Copying a tweet to a Mail message still works though, therefore I think the problem is in the Apple Notes app.

Anyone else noticed this? Thoughts?

2. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

Doesn't necessarily signify it's the Notes app that's the reason. Developers, in this case Twitter, can choose what data gets sent along with the share function for different scenarios. I.e. a developer can specify that if it's sent with Mail it needs to be this kind of file, and if sent by Messages another kind.

3. lexvo thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for your quick reply.
    I am using Tweetbot. It might be that a new version changed things. But some time ago this was working perfectly. I'll try to contact Tapbots about this.

4. casperes1996 macrumors 68040

casperes1996

You can also open a ticket with Apple if it ends up actually being the fault of the Notes app :)

5. lexvo thread starter macrumors 65816

That's right and I already did that :)
    --- Post Merged, Mar 7, 2017 ---
    By the way I suspect it's the Notes app. I remember when I shared a tweet a popup appeared with the new note and shortly thereafter the text and image of the tweet appeared. It looked like the Notes app was fetching the tweet data from the link.