iPhone 7(+) Copying Whatsapp messages to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abdulhaq, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Abdulhaq macrumors regular

I have just moved to iPhone 7 from my old Samsung Alpha phone. I have been able to copy almost everything successfully except the Whatsapp messages. When I installed Whatsapp in my iPhone it is asking me to restore from iCloud whereas in the Samsung these messages are copied to Google Drive. Kindly let me know as to how I can successfully copy all my android whatsapp messages to my iphone.

I have purchased third party software called "Backuptrans" to transfer android whatsapp messages to iphone. But it is giving me all sorts of error messages. Let me know if there is an easier way to transfer these messages to my iPhone.

2. EnglishPsycho macrumors newbie

Unfortunately I've just gone through the same thing, WhatsApp removed the Google Drive restore feature from the iOS version several months ago.
    From looking around online most people seem to suggest forwarding your important conversations to yourself via email, but no one provides an easy way of transferring your messages over.

I did read about a piece of Windows software that does it for you, you have to make sure you download the one that does Android to iPhone though. it was called something simply like "WhatsApp transfer android to iPhone'
    The free version only transfers something like 20 messages at a time, anything more means you will have to purchase the full license, I'd say it might be worth trialling the demo first to see if it works before splashing out.

I ended up just starting with a clean slate as I didn't think it was worth all the hassle.

Good Luck anyway.

3. deep1 macrumors regular

https://www.wazzapmigrator.com. works 100% have used it many times.

sorry the above works from iPhone to Android, not the other way around.