Copyright in iPhoto?

nomadic82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Hi all, I'm just wondering if there is any way to add a small 'copyright' message to a photo in iPhoto. I know that you can in PS, but I don't have PS, and now have a few photos on a flickr site, but have noticed others have copyright message on their pics, and thinking it may be a good idea. If anyone has any ideas/solutions I'd love to hear them... Thanks...:)

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
nomadic82 said:
Thanks... I thought maybe I couldn't, but there was no harm in asking!! I guess I'll have to save up for PS2!!
There's plenty of free or shareware graphics programs you could use, you don't need to cough up for photoshop.

nomadic82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Gee said:
There's plenty of free or shareware graphics programs you could use, you don't need to cough up for photoshop.
Sweet, could anyone recommend me to a good one? When you do a Google search there are so many out there that I just don't know where to start!:confused:

j26

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
I just tried adding text in Seashore and it works fine. I'm sure you could create a layer that you could quickly add onto all photos you want to put the copyright on. I'd tell you if I knew how.

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
nomadic82 said:
Sweet, could anyone recommend me to a good one? When you do a Google search there are so many out there that I just don't know where to start!:confused:
Try looking on versiontracker.com - much more organized than a google search.

And when you're on there, GraphicConverter is worth a look. It's been around for years. I'm sure others will be able to recommend lots of other programs.