Copyright? or not?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by michael.lauden, Oct 12, 2009.

1. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

So i was on my school's website today. It is a terrible website. I had mentioned all the problems i have had in the 'online suggestion box' and got a very rude reply back.

i guess when you are talking to someone that calls themselves 'the webmaster' you aren't good enough. :rolleyes:

that's beside the point, today i signed in to access some of my online documents and noticed that the online folders were directly copied from OS X 10.5/10.6

here is a screenshot:

[​IMG]

i messaged the 'webmaster' and have yet to see any replies back.. maybe i'm caring too much about this because i hate this site :confused:

2. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

It's copyrighted, but you really can't make a claim about it because you're not the owner of the content in the first place.

3. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

depends out it is copy righted and chances are in the EULA it is allowed to uses those type of folders on ones server/web page providing it is run on an OSX web server. They look like default folder pulled up.

4. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

They definitely aren't default; look at how the folder image is surrounded by a white border, something included with OSX web server would certainly not look so sloppy.

That said, who cares? It is not your job to police their poor choices regarding possible copyrights.