Cord Management System

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rs7, Oct 24, 2008.

1. rs7 macrumors regular

I have no clue at all what Apple means by its "Cord management system". All I can find on Google are the pages saying the computer cords come with it. What is it?

Thanks

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The only thing Apple provides that I've heard of called this are the two feet on the power adapter that fold out and let you loop the cable onto them:

[​IMG]

It's actually a very nice feature, though. :)

3. rs7 thread starter macrumors regular

Woah! I've never noticed those! Thanks :p . Also another question....where are the speakers exactly...I see these little holes above the escape key (laser cut! yay!)...I would think those are the speakers but I hear sound from both sides. I don't think it's the mic either, or is it? What are those little holes and where are the speakers?

4. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

Which Mac are you talking about? On the MBP's, the speakers are under the holes to the sides of the keyboard. On the MB's, the speakers are on the back (only fully visible with lid closed. The Mic (at least on the plastic MB) is to the left of the iSight camera. I imagine it is the same on the new ones...

5. rs7 thread starter macrumors regular

MacBook Aluminum. I don't see the speakers, and I'm wondering what the little circle of holes above the escape key are.

6. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

Is that the Air's cord system? It looks different than the one with my MacBook. It looks much neater when rolled up!

7. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Holes above the Esc key are actually the mic. The speakers are under the keyboard and come out through the keyboard. Pretty darn good sound too :)

8. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I thought they were talking about these guys.

[​IMG]

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

From the Magsafe connector, yeah, I think it must be. I just grabbed it off Amazon via Google Images. :eek:

10. Roller macrumors 68020

Looks just like the ones that came with my G4 PowerBook and my new MacBook. The retractable pieces that hold the cord have a tendency to break off if you're not careful, but I guess that the size of the adapter is a limiting factor.

11. ec51 macrumors 6502

Isnt it referring to the cable that comes with the new LED screens ?