Cordless Desktop S 530 Laser for Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by theFranchise25, Mar 13, 2008.

1. theFranchise25 macrumors member

I really want a wireless keyboard and mouse for my iMAC. I want to keep it white. Any thoughts on this Logictec? $79 I believe it should be compatable with my iMAC in my sig
    [​IMG]

2. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

I have one and love it. I've never really had a problem with it at all.

3. theFranchise25 thread starter macrumors member

cool. thanks. ill probablly buy it in a few weeks.
    just curious does it have that 3rd button to bring up the dashboard like the mighty mouse?

4. Crossbone macrumors regular

i like it. i use it for my MacBook Pro.

I use all the buttons on the keyboard and the mouse.

The Mouse has a Volume up/down and mute button next to the left clicker
    (very helpful). Two buttons on the left side for forward and back, And the scroll button in the middle can go forward, backwards, left and right as well as inwards. The white is nice.

What ever you do just don't buy it from MacMall. The price may look nice, but they sell refurbed and used stuff without saying so. :mad:

Btw. Its "iMac" not "iMAC" :) :apple:

5. cuestakid macrumors 68000

I have one as well and I love it-it has several buttons that you can configure to do-for example you can configure the scroll wheel to do just what you asked for-you simply configure it in the logitech control center preferance pane.

hope this helps

6. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

It actually has a ton of buttons, lol.
    Right click, left click, middle click (wheel), 2 buttons on the side (configurable) and volume up down and mute buttons. Personally, I've configured the middle click as just that(use it to open new tabs in safari/ff/opera, i'm a tab whore), have turned off the 2 side ones, and rarely use the volume. The buttons aren't annoying or anything, though, not a worry. Just know that someone left handed will NOT want to use this set up, it's super-ergonomic for righties

7. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I have this and I still use the mouse. The keyboard is not as good as the new Apple keyboard but is still a good product nonetheless.

If you can, maybe look into getting an Apple keyboard and a standalone Logitech mouse. Any USB mouse will work on your Mac.

8. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I own this (bought here on MR) and love it. I don't take advantage of the programmable buttons, however.

9. theFranchise25 thread starter macrumors member

10. anmoldagreat macrumors member

i also own this setup and i love it.
    the keys on the keyboard are kind of loud though so try not to start writing that paper when the roommates are sleeping.