Cordless Mouse Recommendation? Something other than Mighty?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Advance The Man, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Advance The Man macrumors 6502

I'm not crazy about the mighty mouse. I'd like to use Hulu, via iMac from bed.

Any recommendations?

2. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

There's the Rocketfish Bluetooth (cheap Futureshop). I use a RF Logitech that works great. Microsoft sells a BT version but it is just as expensive as MM.

3. Aegelward macrumors 6502a

Personally i've always liked logitech, my logitech mice have lasted me years while my brothers manage to go through microsoft mice in months.

Though, i confess, i take far batter care of things ;)

4. Styxie macrumors member

+1 for the Logitech MX Revolution. It's very expensive, but it'll last you for years to come. There's a lot of buttons and wheels, I've got Expose, Show Desktop, Spotlight and loads more bound to my mouse. Get it, you won't regret it =p

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

+2. Or, I guess it's +3 since cherry su already recommended it also.

6. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I have the newest Microsoft Bluetrack based mouse. it's really great! Be wary of Bluetooth mice. I've had nothing but poor experience with them, especially the Logitech V470. If you need fast / accurate tracking, I'd skip the bluetooth.

Also, do some searching. This topic pretty much comes up weekly and you can get a LOT of info w/ just a quick search.

7. waw74 macrumors 68030

or you could look at a wii-mote and remote buddy

hooks into the mac via bluetooth, and you can either buy a wireless sensor bar, or if you are a bit savvy with electronics, you can make your own with a couple IR LEDs, an old usb cable, and a resistor. You can then use the wii-mote as a mouse, also comes with an onscreen keyboard.
    You can use it without the mouse portion too if you want.

also works with the apple remote, but less functionality.

8. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

9. simplymuzik3 macrumors 6502a

I have the rocketfish white bluetooth mouse for mac. I got it around November. Its perfect for me. It has good sensitivity, looks nice, and preforms well. See if you can find it on sale. The regular price at future shop is $55, I got it on sale for $17. Its a really great deal. The batteries also last a while, I haven't replaced them since I got the mouse in November.

10. volcom883 macrumors regular

volcom883

i am after a mouse for my macbook too. i was interested in the mighty mouse cos apparently once can set the middle button to open links in new tab in safari. can other other mouse do that?

also, is it true that the bluetooth mouse wont be as fast and accurate as the cable version?

11. MVApple macrumors 6502a

I think hardcore gamers always used wired mouses. With that said, unless you are a hardcore gamer then a wireless mouth should do you just as well. I have a wireless MM and I use it in windows to play TF2 and I don't notice any lack of sensitivity. I am a very casual gamer though.

12. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

13. Advance The Man thread starter macrumors 6502

Can any the above recommendations work over a comforter on a bed? Reading the new Bluetrack technology and it might. Will be using for Hulu from bed.

14. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I don't think any of the laser mice will have problems tracking over cloth. However as I suggested, why not consider a touchpad-equipped keyboard for total control?

15. Advance The Man thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. Didn't consider because I just paid for the Apple keyboard. Your suggestion is a good one. I may try it if my game plan doesn't work well.

16. Advance The Man thread starter macrumors 6502

I ordered two MX Revolutions, refurbished. Got for $73 shipped. Great deal if they work! Will try the other one at the office.

17. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

I just bought the Logitech mx nano to replace my wired mighty mouse. Wow, its so much better of a mouse than apples. I can't believe that have been using such a horrible mouse for 8 months.

18. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

I'd like to add my vote for the MX Revolution. Fantastic mouse. My previous experience was with an MX518 (wired), which replaced an MX1000. The MX1000 wasn't great, but the Revolution is lovely.

19. Advance The Man thread starter macrumors 6502

I have received and like the MX Revolution. However, it doesn't work well on the bed (duh, thought it might) - so I'm now searching for either an integrated trackpad on a keyboard or a trackball type mouse. Any suggestions that haven't been mentioned?

20. supersolid macrumors newbie

what color are your sheets? always a factor, *especially* if you have a white comforter.

i own an MX revo and use it the exact same way. the tilt feature on the middle wheel works great for FF and RW in VLC and other media apps...great purchase, advance!