core 2 duo - creative cs5

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by solidsponge, Jun 26, 2013.

1. solidsponge macrumors newbie

Hello

Anyone using cs5 illustrator and photoshop on core 2 duo macbook pro? If so what are your experiences? Is it ok on 8gb of ram? What about cs6? Guessing it doesnt run...

Mostly work in illustrator cs5 and light website design in photoshop (occasionally some heavier stuff but not essential work).

Looking to spend £500 tops on ebay,

2. simsaladimbamba

CS5 and CS6 ran fine on my 2009 C2D MBP with 8 GB RAM, but I also did not use it that extensively in the past year or so.
    I was able to manipulate 18 MP RAW photos quite well in LR and PS and could do some 720p stuff in AE.
    But as I have a newer i7 based Mac now, the C2D Mac just gets used for bland entertainment like MRF.

3. solidsponge thread starter macrumors newbie

cool. I imagine cs6 would be pretty slow given its quite a mem hog, but I can use cs5 instead as cs6 isnt that great really all in all, just seems to use more memory and nothing else :)

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It will be fine. I've run CS4/5/6 on my Core 2 computers and I don't have any issues. Most things in PS are single threaded anyways.

5. Lolito macrumors 6502

Lolito

Works perfectly fine. I have been running CS6 really intensively on my signature laptop. Also Rhino and Autocad and Lightroom. Lightroom 5 is a tiny bit slower, but no big deal. Lightroom 4 runs faster and features are the same.

BUT, the important thing is to use a SSD, that's what makes the whole difference. With an average SSD your laptop will fly.

6. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Another vote that C2D can handle CS5 very well :)

8. solidsponge thread starter macrumors newbie