Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yojimbo1

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2006
There is now a core 2 duo refurb MBP in the Apple refurb store for $1599.

Is this the first of the refurb core 2 duo MB/MBP's?

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
This is very cool to see. I'm hoping the 2.33 model will appear here soon too and selling for $1999.

My issue is that I really want (need) a 160GB drive. In my powerbook, I did the upgrade myself but marked up the case in the process a bit. For a new system, I'm not wanting to rip it open right away. But the price for a new system with the 160GB is really steep.

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
Wait a few weeks, and you'll get this refurb WITH a free iLife '07 update.

nice.

CEAbiscuit

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
The Kitchen
Zippidy do dah! My end of year tax purchase wishes seem to be coming true! Do you think you'll be able to get 10.5 and iLife '07 with a purchase on December 31? I know it's a long shot, but wondering....

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
Zippidy do dah! My end of year tax purchase wishes seem to be coming true! Do you think you'll be able to get 10.5 and iLife '07 with a purchase on December 31? I know it's a long shot, but wondering....

If you call Apple CR, yes, esp. if it's within 10-14 days of the MWSF "launch." I got my G5 2.0 DP last December 21, and Apple still gave me the iLife '06 update weeks later ....

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2005
thats pretty crazy, i think thats why the sudden drop in price to CD mb and mbp's. friend picked one a 1.83 mb for 749 shipped the other day through gov store.

buffalo

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2005
Tacoma, WA
If you call Apple CR, yes, esp. if it's within 10-14 days of the MWSF "launch." I got my G5 2.0 DP last December 21, and Apple still gave me the iLife '06 update weeks later ....

Dumb question, but what is the CR of Apple CR - just 1-800-MY-APPLE? I might get a refurb MacBook, but had decided to wait until MWSF so I could get iLife (and of course that slim chance of Leopard).

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
Dumb question, but what is the CR of Apple CR - just 1-800-MY-APPLE? I might get a refurb MacBook, but had decided to wait until MWSF so I could get iLife (and of course that slim chance of Leopard).

Customer Relations. Navigate through the general AppleCare promptings, then, wait for the general operator and ask for customer relations. they are a separate department from the tekkies, and, exist, more often than not, to appease the customer.

CedarPoint182

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2006
I was hoping to purchase a Core Duo Macbook Pro. Specifically the normal 2.0ghz 15" model. $1349 seemed like a great price, but anyone know how long these models will be in the refurb section? How long do the previous models hold out before they are all gone?

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
I was hoping to purchase a Core Duo Macbook Pro. Specifically the normal 2.0ghz 15" model. $1349 seemed like a great price, but anyone know how long these models will be in the refurb section? How long do the previous models hold out before they are all gone?

It is hard to tell, but the answer to your question probably depends on how many people are buying them.

CedarPoint182

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2006
Ok. Yeah I understand its probably impossible for anyone to know exactly, but is it more like a month or two or a matter of days?

cyberddot

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2003
in a forest
Damn! :( I never got to see the Core 2 Duo in the refurb' section.

Cedar', it looks like the Core Duo's aren't going to hold out much longer, at least not the current batch, since the refurb' store is currently down to one build of the Core Duo 15" MBP. Me? I'm crossing my fingers for confused and/or deluded Xmas switchers bringing their 15" MBP Core 2 Duo's back in to the store. If only I could be sure it will work that way in January.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Ok. Yeah I understand its probably impossible for anyone to know exactly, but is it more like a month or two or a matter of days?

If they go, they'll be back. Understand what happens... Apple releases a computer and starts selling it. They start getting returns and other units come back to them for a variety of reasons almost immediately. They have to tool up and get their refurb plant running. Once the refurb plant has enough units to make it worth adding the model to the refurb store, they start selling them. But once they reach that point, within the limits of normal ebbs and flows, there will be a continual flow of that model into the refurb stream as long as it is being sold new, right?

What that means is that if they sell out, in a week or two, there'll be more of them.... Just keep your eyes out, because they may again sell out temporarily. But if you keep your eye on the store, you'll get your MBP. :)

cyberddot

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2003
in a forest
Nope...huh? :eek: I guess I'm missing the obvious connection between your thread and this one. It would seam that 'Core 2 Duo MBP in refurb store' would be a fact independent of 'Refurb Mac prices drop....', but I would be glad to see the 'Core 2 Duo MBP prices drop in refurb store' thread sometime soon, if you'd care to keep us up to date? :D

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
The Core 2 Duo machines have just been sold out :rolleyes:

Anyone found it strange that while Core 2 Macbook Pros have shown up, no Macbooks appeared yet? Maybe MBPs are built more poorly than the MBs.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Anyone found it strange that while Core 2 Macbook Pros have shown up, no Macbooks appeared yet? Maybe MBPs are built more poorly than the MBs.

Erm...there are and have been for some time MB's on the refurb store. Do you mean Core 2 Macbooks? In that case, there was a small (2 week) delay between the release of the two models. Hopefully that means it will be here soon. :)

P.S. Love your avatar. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.