Core Data bind entity's array values to nspopupbutton

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Chirone, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Chirone macrumors 6502

there seems to be quite a few things about binding some contents of an array controller to a pop up button, but i can't seem to see anything on how to bind the array contents of an entity to a popup button..

in this case, EntityOne has an id attribute, which is supposed to be an NSMutableArray of NSStrings

in the popup button's bindings i binded the content to EntityOne with controller key arrangedObjects
    with Modal Key Path theMutableArray (theMutableArray being the attribute that is meant to be a mutable array)
    i thought maybe that would work seeing as how you'd normally just bind it to the controller with controller key arrangedObjects

that got confusing so i made a new array controller and i think i've binded it's contents to the contents of myMutableArray

so... now, the popup buttons content is binded to myMutableArrayController
    with controller key arrangedObjects and a blank Modal Key Path

then with Content Value i got confused
    normally you'd bind it to myMutableArrayController with controller key arrangedObjects and Modal Key Path being whatever value you want to display..
    umm... NSString doesn't have anything... so i tried length
    binded selection index to myMutableArrayController with controller key selectionIndex

and what i got out of it was a dead popup button. nothing was there...

what am i doing wrong? is it because core data doesn't know anything about NSMutableArray and stores the variable as an id?

2. Chirone thread starter macrumors 6502

.... turns out i had a typo in awakeFromNib and so everything was broken

although now it displays the value of the array in brackets...