Core i5/i7 MBP when?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Plux, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Plux macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I'm a PC user switching back to Apple.
    I gather that there are going to be Core i5 and i7 based Macbook Pros sometime or other, but weeks are passing without any news.
    Does anyone know what is holding up the new MBPs?
    I'd prefer to wait for the 10%-20% speedup that these new processors offer, but you know, not forever.
    Thanks.

2. Arminator macrumors member

chances are good its maximum a month away. chances are good for tuesday in a week, but could be also later. Anyway, there is a high chance apple will keep its cycle, in which were still in. The less time remaining, the higher the chance they come out. So id bet theyre out within this month. Although there might be some problems be fixed, and the new mbp need longer to come out.

Im in the same situation, im about to change to apple, and waiting desperately for the new macbooks. since my notebook hast to be able to play some games, i rather have the best hardware for my money, which is why i wait for the new ones.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

My guess is within a month after iPad launch so the timeframe would be April

4. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

5. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Naa the Tuesday after to 3rd full moon :p

6. HBOC macrumors 68020

i read possibly March 16th, but no one who knows is saying anything.

7. SamTheeGeek macrumors 6502

SamTheeGeek

i know how you are feeling man , ive been on pc for about lol my whole life 14 years.... im waiting for a big switch to mac by march .. but i hate being on the waiting boat for the macbook pro, because if it didn't come out by then :S i'm gonna be forced to get the C2D version.

but yea all we can do is wait and see :)

8. yodermk macrumors member

As an Apple watcher (don't currently have one) I think this cycle is going to be a little longer than most because of the situation with graphics. Since the next MBPs probably won't have nVidia chipsets, Apple will probably have to use discrete graphics in *all* MBPs down to the 13". (I can't imagine them putting Intel graphics in an MBP.)

Then there's USB3 - I'd like to think Apple is working that into the next revision but who knows.

I think Apple is just waffling trying to sort this stuff out. They also want to get the most $$$ from their current C2D inventory.

My time pick: between mid-March and mid-May.

9. nutritious macrumors 6502

no one really knows...but I'd be surprised if it doesn't happen by march

10. XxEjGxX macrumors regular

no one knows [​IMG] apple play their cards very close to their chests... read across the forums for all the speculation... My money is on march time for new releases

11. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

Who ever said there will be a refresh? Now or then, soon or late - in my eyes no one did. No refresh - never!

12. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

Next Tuesday™. It's always next Tuesday.

Actually, I've been betting on a silent refresh on the 23rd for nearly two years. Only a few more days until we see if I'm wrong.