Core i7 15" Macbook Pro Screen Lower Quality than 17"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by James.Bond, Apr 17, 2010.

1. James.Bond macrumors newbie

Hello everyone this is my first post here. Ive been a long time reader and Ive been waiting for the core i7 Macbook Pros for about two years now.

So i go to my local apple store once they were released and i got a chance to look at the 15" Glossy and the 17" glossy side by side. Turning up both to full brightness the 15" looked darker, and i don't mean a better contrast level. There was shadow detail loss and it was noticeable. After reading some other posts around the web i found out that most of the people who got the anti glare option on either the 15" or the 17" said it was brighter than their previous gen. So I'm asking the people who have the 15" High Res Glossy if their screen is brighter than the standard res glossy. Maybe the HR screen is of a higher quality than the standard res screen so that's one way apple was able to offer the high end macbooks for a cheaper price.

Thanks for your time

2. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

I'd like to know too. I was in the store yesterday and the 17" anti-glare looked good, but no 15" Hi Res anti-glare. Apple employee says they are all the same, but we know that's not true . . . the 13" screens in previous generations weren't as good as the MBA etc.

3. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I noted in another post around here that I noticed some contrast detail loss on the 15" glossy display. However, I was comparing it to the 15" matte display so I had chalked it up to the difference in screen finish. I did not compare either display to to a 17" so can't confirm or deny the difference between those two.