Core Services Layer

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by sivaprakash, Sep 19, 2011.

1. sivaprakash macrumors member

Hi

Can I write any code for "Core Services Layer" ? If so, how can I distribute to my customers ? Like for apps we have iTunes is anything available for "Core Services Layer" apps?

Thanks

2. admanimal macrumors 68040

Your question doesn't make sense. Core Services is the API layer that includes all sorts of things, like Core Data, WebKit, Foundation, Security, etc. You can use any of those in your apps.

3. sivaprakash thread starter macrumors member

I'm rephrasing my question. I want to write my own service like WebKit, Security, Core Data and make use that for my application. Is it possible? (something similar to NDK - Development in Android).

4. admanimal macrumors 68040

You can write or use frameworks as long as they are statically linked with your application (i.e. you compile the framework code along with the rest of the app). If you want to distribute just the framework to other developers, you have to distribute the source code.

5. jiminaus macrumors 65816

jiminaus

Really? You can't use private frameworks within the app bundle? If you could, then the OP wouldn't need to distribute source code, just a framework bundle.

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You can't use frameworks but you can distribute statically linkable binary libraries that can get linked into the single allowable executable.