CoreData PostgreSQL plugin/bridge

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by MorphingDragon, Sep 18, 2011.

1. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Does such a thing exist? I would like to take advantage of the data integrity, backup options etc of PostgreSQL but keep the simplicity of CoreData.

2. jiminaus macrumors 65816

jiminaus

The new NSIncrementalStore and NSIncrementalSotreNode classes added to Core data in Mac OS X Lion are meant to allow this to happen.

http://developer.apple.com/library/...ef/doc/uid/TP40010637-CH1-DontLinkElementID_4

A Google search just revealed tweets about people who hope someone (who?) would implement them for PostgreSQL. So, no, I don't think anyone's done it yet.

Also I don't think Core Data copes with multi-user, concurrent-access databases. I don't know how it would cope with having the backing store change from under it.

3. GorillaPaws macrumors 6502a

GorillaPaws

You might want to check out the BaseTen framework which is a core-data-like implementation of PostgreSQL--although not actually core data. The project used to be open sourced with a commercial license available for purchase, but it's now under the Apache license, so there's no reason not to check it out.