Corner in between monitors triggers Expose

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pixeler, Mar 4, 2009.

1. pixeler macrumors newbie

My setup is so my notebook sits on the left and my external monitor is on the right. I keep my menu bar on the external. When I move my cursor to the upper left corner of the external, Active Screen Corner of Expose is triggered (in my case, Desktop).

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how do you correct this? I can't see this as being the intended behavior since it's not the corner of the desktop.

2. TheNightPhoenix macrumors 6502

Go to system Prefs, click expose and spaces.

In the Expose tab you can set the hot corners to activate it.

3. cawesjmu macrumors 6502

Is the external screen bigger than your laptop? I'll assume it is, and so when you move your mouse to the left on your external, and get close to the blue apple, do you have to move the mouse down and left to get into the laptop screen? If so that technically is a corner. Mine is set up similarly, but top to bottom, and I have to move my cursor closer to the middle of the external to get down into the laptop screen. I don't know if the computer will remember a different preference for expose for each screen set up.

4. haiggy macrumors 65816

Yeah, the above poster has the right idea. Go to System Prefs > Displays > Arrangement and move your external monitor so that the top of it is in line with the top of the screen with the white menubar or the other way around... your monitor lined up with your external display with the menubar. Then the far left corner will act as an Expose corner and not your laptop one, or any corner you want for that matter.

5. pixeler thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks this works!

6. haiggy macrumors 65816

np, sorry it took so long to get answered :p