Corner Protection on top of Wrapsol?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BiscottiGelato, Nov 15, 2011.

1. BiscottiGelato macrumors regular

So... i got the first drop of my 4S last night... I got Wrapsol full body on it, but the phone didn't survive unscathe either.

I guess it's not too bad, a very small dent visible only on close up at the white frame's corner where it's made out of some white plastic of sort.

One'd think that a corner is the most likely place that the phone will first impact when diving towards the ground. Is there any corner only solutions out there? Wrapsol seems to be awesome, but the lack of corner protection is definately it's key weakness. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

If you are worried about drop protection, you shouldn't use a skin wrap as your sole line of protection.

3. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

There are no skins that cover the plastic, since it is curved.

The only way to go to keep the look is a bumper or case with "lay on table" lip.

I am looking for an slim bumper but so far the ones I have found are bulky or don't cover the plastic at all.

For the older 4 There was the Bandedge and Hula bumpers.

4. BiscottiGelato thread starter macrumors regular

I just view that the exposed corners being an obvious weakness. If that's covered I think I'll be fairly happy with just skins only.

For the bulkiness vs protection standpoint, I am okay with the trade point with using skins. Perfectly happy if the coveres are some-what covered.